Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Worst Case Scenario

I have feared it for years. I have cautiously guarded my possessions to avoid facing this horrific event. To no avail. Today I was a victim. I was in the hotel room bathroom, washing our clothes by hand. There were suds everywhere, I must have been excessively enthusiastic.. my thumb ring flew into the air and as I screamed 'NNNOOO' I watched it fly into the airspace directly above the toilet and then drop straight down into the bowl. Nathan heard the scream and came running. He found me sitting on my ankles in front of the toilet moaning in disbelief. He didn't have to ask..my silver ring glimmered beneath five inches of germy liquid. He closed the door with a 'I'll just leave you to it then..'
It could have been worse. My real paranoia kicks in when I get within ten feet of a port-o-potty. I won't carry anything I'm not willing to lose FOREVER into one of those blue stinkers. Anyhow, as we were discussing the incident later Nathan admits to having dropped something into a toilet recently too. He says..'I can't remember exactly what it was..maybe nail clippers..maybe the dental floss.'
I have no words. Just intense hope that the dental floss bit was a joke.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Jay had a roomate that wouldn't even leave his toothbrush in the bathroom for fear that "poo particles" would fly thru the air and land on it. He would have NEVER retrieved the ring!

Post a Comment