Friday, March 25, 2011

Hanoi

Chaos. Colorful, noisy, dangerous. Nathan has the whole walking into traffic thing down. He doesn't bother looking up while weaving his way across five lanes of traffic while munching on a water chestnut freshly peeled. We rode an overnight bus from Sapa, so arrived tired but excited to walk around. At a mid day beer stall stop we were delighted to watch a local woman chop up a couple of smoked dogs. (perhaps more accurate..I was delighted) had I not just eaten I would have been all over a dish of dog. It's pretty hard to tell what breed you're dealing with when they're smoked, but I think it may have been a Welsh Corgie. Just kidding Kristin, I'm told corgi meat is tough. It looked more like twin Jack Russels. I will be trying some. Tonight we're off to the water puppet theater. This performance is serious business.. The puppeteers train for three years before being trusted with the ropes. Great first day.

2 comments:

First Wife said...

You will never be alone with my dogs again.

First Wife said...

Jay wanted to add that you would be wise to adhere to the old (first) wive's tale that "every time a corgi is consumed, an LP is struck by lightening."

Post a Comment