Monday, July 4, 2011

Aggressive Emus

As some of you may remember, I am not a fan of birds. However, Nathan was willing to spend the time and money to risk being mauled by a tiger so.. when he suggested we take a walk through the largest walk-in, open air aviary IN THE WORLD! I couldn't say no. I was expecting to receive an invitation to get crapped on with our entrance bracelet. It wasn't all bad actually. I got to see a toddler wiggling his little fingers at the cage of a great hornbill, resulting in an attempted attack. I bit my tongue..bit I really wanted to warn the kid's parents about their son's condition. If your child has fingers that look like wriggling worms it's probably best to avoid aviaries, or at least bring mittens.
Nathan read all of the plaques detailing points of interest and I played photographer. For someone nearly indifferent to bird beauty I got some good shots, if I do say so myself. We also got to watch the eagles being fed. I can really get behind an exhibit that involves deadly birds snatching raw flesh from mid air.
We did an awful lot of walking around Kuala Lumpur today. I love the city. So much green space and so many interesting people.
We topped off our evening with a meal at a portugese restaurant to celebrate my ancestry. A bowl full of chicken liver has me feeling like a million ringitt. I'm going to request a day of exploring and shopping tomorrow, and for the latter I imagine I'll be on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment