Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mersing Me

Time to get out of the big city. We'll be heading to the East coast to the city of Mersing for some Island exploration in the morning.

I forced Nathan into purchasing a hunk of the best durian money can buy..just to test the theory that some durian is better than other durian. False. We are now both suffering with a terrible case of durian burps.
I would like very much to never eat it again.

In other news, I met a lovely man from Iran who introduced himself (after learning that I was American) "I am from Iran. I am not a terrorist. "
To which I responded "whew. I'm not a terrorist either. Now that we've covered the basics..what's your name? "
We both had a good chuckle, then went on our merry ways.

I have also determined with a little investigative dietary restriction that my head swelling might be caused by my gluten intolerance. I have to make a very tough decision. Which am I more intolerant of...a giant face or donuts? Malaysia makes a fine donut. Apparently Malaysia also knows it's custards. Based on how enthusiastic and painfully detail oriented Nathan's description of last nights dessert was, I'd say Malasia dominates the custard market.
I truly hope I have more than desserts to blog about very shortly. Snorkeling on picturesque islands is in the works..then on to Singapore.

1 comment:

benmartin said...

Still Loving all of your Blog-entries, fat head and all!! We're finally getting some hot summer weather here and enjoying it.

Post a Comment