Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cathay Pacific

After a lovely visit with my friend Heather, I met Nathan at the airport in NYC. I checked in a bit before him, and was informed that if I wanted to be permitted into Thailand I was going to need a return ticket to prove I wasn't planning to out stay my welcome (30 days). Fortunately, my distress and gender inspired sympathy in my airline representative. Just this once he was going to do me a favor..have his friend over in ticketing print off a fake booking for a return flight at the end of February. I managed to get Nathan's name on our pretend flight home as well. When I met up with him after he'd checked in I was surprised to learn his airline rep hadnt mentioned a thing to him. She was probably thinking to herself 'I'lll be seeing this poor sucker again in about a week, once he's been deported.' It all worked out...I hope. We are waiting in the Hong Kong airport after spending last night and this morning in the city. We both loved Hong Kong. ..We fly to Bangkok in the next few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment