Monday, February 14, 2011

Prison Massage

We worked all the kinks out of our muscles from the jungle trek at the Chiang Mai Correctional Facility!
Nathan's brilliant idea to get massages from prisoners in training could not have turned out better..for me.  He's a little worse for the wear.  The final move to a true Thai massage involves you linking your fingers behind your head (like a prisoner..got to appreciate the irony) and being rolled onto a tiny woman's knees as she grinds her bones into your spine.  I heard most of my bones crack at this point, but I regularly pop and snap my joints so it felt pretty good.  I may have known this was coming, and may have neglected to tell Nathan about it.  He was unprepared for the woman who probably weighed half of what he did to flip him over and nearly break him in half.  I heard his talented masseuse giggling as he groaned in pain and surprise.  She had some aggression to work through.
You can't beat a six dollar an hour massage.  You just can't.
We're trying to fit in a Monk chat.  Its where you sit across from a Monk and ask them questions about their life.  I've got a mental list, but might have to hand it off to Nathan because I'm not sure if a woman can take part.  The rules about Monks having contact with women are fairly strict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment