Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sometimes you get a strong one...

The 'Chang' is Thailand's cheap beer. It's everywhere, and a liter bottle will run you about a dollar fifty. The neat thing about ordering a Chang is that you can never predict its alcohol content. if the bottle doesn't fill properly somewhere along the production line they top it off with whiskey. I've been the victim of over confidence a couple of times but thankfully have another healthy liver on the trip. We're in Chiang Rai tonight, trying to figure out how to get to Burma tomorrow. I'm having trouble concentrating though...a vendor selling meat on a stick around the corner has my attention..and we haven't eaten for 8 hours. Nathan forgets to eat. I'm a handy reminder for him. When Jenny starts growling it's 30 minutes to meltdown. last night while my stomach tied itself in knots with hunger Nathan spent 20 minutes trying to perfect his Thai-old man moaning noise. Eventually I conceded that he'd gotten it perfectly so he would focus on the menu. To his credit, the old man Thai noises are tricky. I may have deserved it too... Considering I practice my 'Kaaaaah' on him regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment