Thursday, April 14, 2011

Zithering Holy Man

Thought I would try my hand at uploading a video.  This was in a temple near Tam Coc National Park.  We rented a motorcycle to get out to it and were the only people within miles.  Not an easy place to get to.  But..there was a man inside who was excited to give us demonstrations of all of his instruments (this is the zither), and to test Nathan's guitar playing ability on a moon lute he had lying around.

On a totally unrelated topic:
I'm still slightly bitter about the bus tickets for floor space incident.  My irritation has cultivated a new appreciation for Vietnamese workers trying to scam the hotel systems that make a living scamming tourists.  Yesterday two very sweet and clearly hard working maids at our hotel covertly approached us at our door and asked if we would let them do our laundry under the table for the same price as the hotel charged..without telling the reception desk.  I belly laughed and knew immediately that these two women would be getting our business as well as a solid tip.  And so they did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, Sorry but the video didn't work for me. Not sure if anyone else is having difficulty.

Stay safe! xo!

Unknown said...

It worked fine for me. The sound and pictures were great. Keep up the posts Jenny, I'm really enjoying your adventure.

Post a Comment